Beach season is here!! Well maybe not quite yet but it’s coming! Of course some of us have already had a beach getaway to somewhere warm and sunny, but for those of us who aren’t so lucky, the dreaded swimsuit shopping season is upon us.
If you have ever walked into a busy shopping centre during swimsuit shopping season, you’ll know what I mean. The appealing bright colours of the bikinis in the shop window will lure you in.
You will trawl through an endless selection of swimwear trying to find your size (the sizing of swimwear itself is a maths equation of a mind game). You will see any selection of numbers and letters and symbols on the labels, and, if you are lucky enough to find a Bikini top that fits..the bikini bottom probably wont or, even worse, is missing.
You will find yourself squeezed into a tiny fitting room, or even worse, A SHARED ONE (EEK!), with discarded clothing paraphernalia lying at your feet while you shyly try to slink into the Swimwear without attracting too much attention.It would almost bring you to tears of frustration!
Finding a swimsuit that fits properly is no easy task. If it fits in one place, it will be too tight or too loose in another place. After all, everyone’s body is different and such a form fitting garment needs to be perfectly tailored to your size and shape. Supermodel Emily Ratajkowski designs her own, Kim Kardashian gets hers custom-made but for the rest of us, it’s a different story.
Here at Cherche la Femme we want to make the process of buying new beach wear easier and more fun. So take a look at our main tips to find a swimsuit or Bikini that makes you feel ready for a beach escape.
- Check what you already have
We recommend having a game plan before you go Beach wear shopping. The first step is to go through your own swimwear collection. Try on what you already own to figure out what you need and don’t need for your next buy. For example, you might have a perfect fitting Bikini Top that just needs a new bikini bottom or vice versa. This game plan will help you to reduce the huge array of possible swimsuits and Bikinis and make should help you in making a final decision.
- Try something new!
Don’t be afraid to try something different. Whether it be a new style, colour or brand, sometimes all you need is a fresh Beach Wear look.
- Know your bra size
If you are having trouble finding a swimsuit that fits you, you may consider trying one that is cupped sized. Go with your bra size, especially if you know it and have been measured for your correct bra size. This means you will get the same comfort from your swimsuit as you do from your normal underwear.
If you don’t know your bra size, you can get fitted here in store at Cherche la Femme for a small fee of €5 or for free if you make a purchase.
- Next, look for support Swim bikini tops with built in underwire or light padding gives great support to a larger bust and can even give you some extra oomph if you are smaller. Another feature that can provide security in your swimsuit or Bikini are straps that crisscross in the back. Not only do they deliver on function, they also look very fashionable as well. If you cannot find crisscrossing straps, looks for a swimsuit with wide straps that won’t dig into your shoulders and cause discomfort.
- Look for something adjustable Adjustable straps or backs on your Swimwear can be very useful, especially if you have a larger bust. A band under the bust that can be adjusted gives room for comfort and growth as well. Bikini briefs with side ties allow you to make the size bigger and smaller, letting you find just the right amount of coverage.
- Buy your Bikini top and bottom separately Very few people are exactly the same size on the top and the bottom. Most of our bikinis come with more than one option for a bottom, whether that be high-leg briefs or a super high waist control brief.
- Don’t compromise Don’t buy something that will ‘do’ if you want to make a statement on the beach. Fit is very important, not only for comfort but for appearance too. If something is too tight or too loose, it will not improve the fit by getting a splash in the ocean. The last thing you want is for it to be lopsided or sagging when you come out of the water.
- Be Beach confident Buy Swimwear or Beachwear you know you look your best and can sunbathe with confidence in. You don’t want to be feeling self-conscious when you have tanning and lounging to do.
Once you have found the best bikini and the most sought-after swimsuit, you will need a beautiful beach dress to finish off your beach babe look. A beach essential, the beach dress, wrap or Kaftan is casual enough to throw on over a swimsuit or bikini. Some are even dressy enough for evening cocktails, no matter how fancy the location.
Whether you are at a beach or a pool on your Summer Holidays this year, don’t forget your other beach accessories, such as a beach bag, sun hat and stylish sun glasses. As well as clothing, you will probably need a big bottle of sunscreen and suntan lotion!! Oh and most of all..Have Fun!