For many young girls, buying their first bra can be an exciting and nerve-wracking experience. Whether you’re starting to develop or just looking for a bit of extra support, finding the right bra can make a big difference in your comfort and confidence. Here’s what you need to know about buying your first bra.
- Know Your Size: The first step in buying a bra is determining your size. This can be a bit tricky, as every brand and style fits differently. It’s best to get measured by a professional at a lingerie store. We offer a measuring service in store for free, if you want to pop in to us. However if that’s not your cup of tea, you can measure yourself at home using a tape measure. Be sure to measure both your band size (around your ribcage, just under your bust) and your cup size (around the fullest part of your bust). We would recommend getting measured professionally to ensure you have the correct size.
- Choose the Right Style: There are many different styles of bras to choose from, each designed for a specific purpose. For your first bra, a simple non-wire bralette or sports bra might be the best choice, as they offer light support and are easy to wear. As you become more comfortable with wearing a bra, you can experiment with different styles, such as underwire, padded or push-up bras.
- Consider Comfort: It’s important to choose a bra that feels comfortable and fits well. Look for bras with adjustable straps and bands, so you can customize the fit to your body. Try on different styles and sizes to find the one that feels the best.
- Think About Function: Consider what you’ll be doing while wearing your bra. If you’re active or play sports, a sports bra with extra support might be a good choice. A bra with a racerback clip option is also a good option for this purpose. If you’re wearing a tight-fitting shirt, a seamless bra will prevent any visible lines.
As your body changes during puberty, you’ll likely need to update your bras to accommodate your growing breasts. Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for teen bras.
- Choose the Right Size: Just like with your first bra, it’s important to get measured regularly to ensure you’re wearing the right size. As your body changes, so will your bra size, so it’s a good idea to get measured every six months to a year.
- Look for Support: As your breasts grow, they’ll need more support to prevent discomfort and sagging. Look for bras with underwire or wider straps for added support.
- Experiment with Styles: There are many different styles of bras to choose from, so don’t be afraid to try something new. Bralettes and wireless bras can be a comfortable option for everyday wear, while push-up bras can give you extra lift for special occasions.
- Find What Makes You Comfortable: Above all, it’s important to find a bra that makes you feel comfortable and confident. Whether you prefer a specific brand or style, find what works for you and stick with it.
We offer a range of bras suitable for teenagers ready for their first bra. View our selection by clicking the links below:
Buying your first bra and teen bras can be a bit overwhelming, but with the right guidance and a bit of patience, you’ll find the perfect fit in no time. Remember, everyone’s body is different, so don’t compare yourself to others and embrace your own unique shape.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch:
Address:14 Dublin St, Longford
Phone: +353 43 334 4004
Or by any of our social media accounts: